A constant effort to care better
- SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Centre is the teaching hospital of SRM Medical College.
- We started in 2005 with compassion and empathy for human life as our core values.
- Our 32-acre SRM IST campus houses 1590 beds providing tertiary care along with 24x7 emergency and trauma care.
- We provide treatments across 52 departments including Superspeciality departments like Cardiology, Nephrology, Urology, Neurosurgery etc.
- The hospital is located inside the 32-acre campus of SRM IST and is surrounded by medical and health sciences colleges which are a part of 7 colleges.
- It is the largest hospital in Chengalpattu district and can serve over 3,00,000 in and around Kattankulanthur.
- The hospital is a brilliant platform to change the world for better by offering excellent treatment while improving the careers of our healthcare experts.
- To make available preventive, curative, and rehabilitative medical care to everyone at minimal cost
- To teach clinical skills to medical and health science graduates and post graduates while performing focused clinical research for 'Bench to Bedside' application
- We are committed to being a leading name in the academic world through excellence in teaching and research. With academic integrity at our core, we uphold freedom in conducting academic activities.
- We are proud to position ourselves as a leading academic institution with a global mark. SRM IST brings together global specialists and intellectuals to make significant contribution to the economic and social development, locally and nationally. We also encourage our faculty, staff, and students to dedicate themselves to serve the local community.
- We value and respect the differences of every person, no matter where they come from. We accept everyone regardless their socio-economic status, cultural background or religion and will continue to provide an inclusive and caring environment.
- 1992-1993: Launch of SRM College of Nursing and SRM College of Pharmacy
- 1993-1994: Launch of SRM College of Nursing and SRM College of Physiotherapy
- 1995-1996: Launch of SRM Dental College
- 2005-2006: SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Chennai, was started in the SRMIST, the deemed to be University.
- 2006-2007: The UGC in September 2006 permitted the Deemed to be Universities to be called as Universities under sec. 3 of the UGC Act 1956. Since then SRMIST deemed to be University is called as SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University)
- 2007-2008: SRM Kattankulathur Dental College was started under the ambit of SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University)
- 2009-2010: Launch of Trichy SRM Medical College, Trichy
- 2010-2011: Inter Disciplinary School of Indian system of Medicine
SRM College of Pharmacy, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy in Chennai and SRM Institute of Management and Technology , Modinagar, Delhi was brought under the ambit of SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University)